LinkedIn live video presents a unique and exciting opportunity to create authenticity, deliver urgent news with speed, give exclusive access to a private event, or establish a
brand as bold and innovative. Powerful for both corporate marketers and talent brand marketers,
we believe this is the ultimate channel to drive deep engagement with your followers on LinkedIn.
You may not have access to the option as yet, but LinkedIn is slowly looking to expand the usage of its live-streaming option, LinkedIn Live, after its initial launch to selected US users back in February 2019.
What is LinkedIn Live?
LinkedIn Live is an exciting new format that brings together professional audiences in a real-time, interactive environment. Live enables organizations to create powerful brand moments, deepen relationships with followers and increase their engagement on the platform. In fact, broadcasters are seeing 7x more reactions and 24x more comments on average for live streams compared to regular video.
LinkedIn notes that it is going to focus on higher end, polished videos by working with third party broadcasters.
Initial LinkedIn live material will focus on:
- Product announcements
- Events led by influencers and mentors
- Office hours from big tech companies
- Earnings calls (i.e. conference calls between CEOs and stakeholders)
- Graduation and award ceremonies
So keep an eye out for these when on LinkedIn.
What kinds of things could I live stream?
- Host a panel discussion between invited experts in your business sector.
- Run a live Q&A session with customers, perhaps focused on a specific theme such as sustainability, diversity or industry trends.
- Give people a walk through your office/factory/place of work.
In terms of usage, LinkedIn outlines a range of potential use cases for LinkedIn Live, and provides examples of how businesses are already utilizing the option.